Today’s guest is one of my favorite Young Adult contemporary author Siobhan Vivian. Siobhan wrote The List, Burn for Burn trilogy with Jenny Han and my favorite summer 2018 contemporary Stay Sweet. In this interview, we dive into the writing process, what it’s like to co-author a book with your best friend and we finally dive into Stay Sweet.
In this interview, we chat about:
- How long Siobhan has been a published YA author
- What inspired Siobhan to start writing?
- Her go to tool for writing
- We talk about Stay Sweet
- What inspired her to write this story?
- Amelia’s character arc throughout the story?
- What were some thing that changes as she re-wrote the story?
- What was the inspiration for the Ice Cream recipes?
CONNECT WITH SIOBHAN VIVIAN
I have a great partnership with Literary Book Gifts. This is a small bookish company that brings books to life on t-shirts and bags. A few titles include works by Jane Austen, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Edgar Allan Poe.
Promo Code: WhattoReadNextPodcast20 which is good for 20% off anything in the store, no minimum, and can be used unlimited times.
Click here to visit the shop!
Connect with fellow readers to get the latest book recommendations. We are hosting a Virtual Book Club in the month of September. Join here!
Join my favorite subscription book box where you pick 1 to 5 new hardback new releases. The first book is $14.95 and it includes shipping. Any additional books cost $9.99. If you sign up through this link you will get two books for the price of one. *
SUPPORT THE WHAT TO READ NEXT PODCAST!
If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
* Affiliate Link. If you purchase a subscription or a book through these links I will receive a small commission at no cost to you that will help me cover the cost of the podcast.