I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Intern on March 9, 2018
From debut author Ella King, comes a sexy, enemies to lovers standalone novella.
I had the perfect playboy lifestyle others could only dream of.
Well, up until my father gave me an ultimatum.
Either become an intern or my trust fund and penthouse would be revoked.
Enter Alexa Gold, my new boss.
The woman is the devil in disguise dressed in designer.
She hates me with a passion, determined to make my work life hell.
Every part of me despises her.
So why am I so drawn to her?
I should fight against this attraction.
To resist the one thing I can’t have.
But I’ve never been one to listen to good advice.
And you know what they say.
Some rules are meant to be broken.
*Please note this book is both written and edited in English UK and due to strong language and sexual content is not intended for readers under the age of 18*
Today’s episode is a book that I read this past week. It’s a short read of 250 pages. The book is The Intern by Ella King.
Purchase this book on Amazon. This book is available on Kindle Unlimited.
What I love about the book?
- This was told in male POV exclusively
- There was a character growth in the main character which was nice to witness
- An epic epilogue that lets you know how the characters end up in the end
What I dislike about this book?
- This book used the trope my dick won’t work unless I am with the heroineT
- I couldn’t stand the immaturity of the main character at the beginning when he hated the heroine because she was doing her job.
A note about OwlCrate, this is a monthly YA Subscription box that cost $29.99 plus shipping. In this box, you will get a newly released book and 4 to 5 bookish goodies. For the month of February, the book was The Hazel Wood and the bookish goodies included a Coraline Key, Candle, a tapestry, a pouch and an Alice and Wonderland sticker. Sign up today! *
SUPPORT the What to Read Next Podcast! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
* Affiliate link. If you purchase a subscription of Owlcrate using my link I will receive a small commission that will help offset the cost of the podcast.